The Symbolic Art Center
Becker Middle School
9151 Pinewood Hills Dr. Rm. #401
At the Symbolic Art Center we offer interactive programming for youth ages 4-16. We encourage Symbolic Art participants to express creative abilities in school and in the communities we live, work and play.
Symbolic Art's core philosophy of honesty, integrity and respect are underscored by the following belief: We believe all people are gifted with an inherent artistic talent and ability - we see everyone as 'Artists' who need to be inspired, nurtured and developed.
Our programs are created around education, empowerment and self-development - these represent the main ingredients that go into creating our Seasonal Camps,
After School Activities, Recreation and Community Service Projects.
Symbolic Art After School programs are hosted at the following schools
'Artist Development' is what Symbolic Art programming is all about. We connect with youth within the context of what is important to them. Guided by a spirit of building mutual respect we seek to implement programs that appeal directly to the interests of our youth - we attend to their needs both individually and collectively by encouraging creativity, respect for unique ideas, having fun, and fostering growth and continuous development of natural talent, skills and abilities.
Our programs: Inspire discipline, self-confidence, self-esteem and personal improvement through peer-to-peer support, interactive groups, creative workshops, athletics and mentoring.
The Symbolic Art Center is the place where youth ages 4-14 can feel safe from any form of bullying or peer related conflict. We adopt a zero tolerance policy for any behavior that distracts us from "Having Fun"! The Symbolic Art staff closely monitors group interactions and are sensitive to attending to the needs of our youth and providing memorable experiences.
Symbolic Art staff works alongside school Administrators, LVMPD, Deans, School Police, Parents and other authority figures to help prevent destructive behavior related to any form of gang involvement, bullying, graffiti etc. Symbolic Art is a non-profit, community organization serving as a liaison between parents, deans, principals and law enforcement.
S.Y.N.C. - Symbolic Youth Networking Council is an organized body of young people committed to serve as positive role models for peers and the community. The core of S.Y.N.C activities involve communicating what's 'Hot' and what's 'Not' by young people for young people. Through recurring after-school meetings S.Y.N.C members organize and plan community service projects as the result of their creative ideas.
A.S.A.P - After School Activity Program gets youth involved in flag football, basketball, poetry, dance, audio/visual production and recording, music, community service and other interactive learning. Youth are challenged to focus on improving their academics while participating in other activities that expand their ability to think, grow and mature as responsible citizens within the community.
An increasing number of children are left at home without adult care or supervision. We believe it's important for our young people to participate in a caring, interactive environment. At the Symbolic Art Center our mission is to encourage all young people to discover their unique passion.
-- Themed Art Themed art involves creative expression highlighting particular ideas, holidays or seasons. Children get into the spirit of a theme as a means of learning through artistic expression.
The Developmental Basketball League is open to boys and girls ages
6-15. This program teaches the fundamental disciplines of the game. Teamwork, passing, dribbling and leadership are the main areas of instruction. Student athletes learn within a stress-free environment without the high demands associated with winning and aggressive competition. Athletes who try out for the school's team but do not make the cut are offered this opportunity to learn skills as necessary to not only compete within a team environment but gain an outlet to exercise and stay active. Please email us for more information.
Symbolic Art Center offers diverse programming in five key areas:
- Character & Leadership Development
- Education & Career Development
- The Arts - Artist Development
- Sports Fitness & Recreation
- Health & Life Skills
- Symbolic Art Community Partnerships Making a Difference
- Symbolic Art community partnerships make an impact and a meaningful difference in the lives of youth.
- Symbolic Art Center
- Symbolic Art Center Contact Form
- Symbolic Art Payments, All Site Locations
- Symbolic Art Payments can be processed online using Paypal. Please email us for other payment options
- Symbolic Art Basketball, Developmental League
- Symbolic Art Basketball developmental league is open for youth ages 4-16. Symbolic Art emphasizes teamwork, skills development and fair play
- Symbolic Art Flag Football
- Symbolic Art Flag Football is a developmental program to help keep youth active throughout the year. This program is open to elementary youth through middle school
- After School Program @Symbolic Art
- After school programs at Symbolic Art emphasize youth development through sports, after school education, peer-to-peer tutoring, enrichment and recreation
- Molasky After School Activities Program
- Molasky Activities; Symbolic Art's after school program that's available for youth to participate in basketball, flag football, recreation, dance teams and community service projects
- Johnson Middle School After School Activity Program
- Symbolic Art @Johnson Middle School is an after school program where youth can go to do homework, participate in sports, recreation and arts & craft activities
- Lummis FunPlay Club & Activities Program
- Lummis Elementary students hang out at the Symbolic Art Center *Becker Middle School AM session and @Lummis Elementary PM session
- Richard H Bryan FunPlay Club
- Richard H Bryan FunPlay Club is an after school program where children work on homework, participate in sports, arts & craft projects, hang out and have fun!
- Becker Camps, The Symbolic Art Center
- Becker Camps, Offered by the Symbolic Art Center Includes Daily Fun, Activities & Learning For Youth Ages 4-16
- Symbolic Art Summer Camp, 2015
- Symbolic Art Summer Camp, Experience 2015 - Ten fun-filled weeks of sports, recreation, arts & craft activities, indoor/outdoor games and more. Youth ages 4-14 are welcome to attend
- Discovery Charter Students at Symbolic Art - PM Sessions @Lummis Elementary
- Discovery Charter Students at Symbolic Art enjoy fun-filled afternoon sessions at Lummis Elementary School 3:30 pm - 6:00 pm
- Symbolic Art FunPlay Club
- Symbolic Art FunPlay Club offers interactive game play, physical fitness, sports, tutoring, mentoring and special events
- Symbolic Art Fitness - Tae Kwon Do
- Symbolic Art Fitness through Tae Kwon Do emphasizes self-discipline, exercise and mental stamina
- SYNC - Symbolic Youth Networking Council
- SYNC - Symbolic Youth Networking Council Organizes and Participates in Community Service Projects, Activities and Specialty Youth Events
- Symbolic Art On FaceBook
- Follow Symbolic Art on Facebook
- The Symbolic Art Center Update
- The Symbolic Art Center blog is a great way to keep up-to-date with upcoming events, after school programs, camps, activities and community partnerships.